In further laziness, a few weeks ago the fun-tabulous Dual Mum over at We’re at Dad’s That Week gave me the Over the Top Award.
For this award I'm supposed to answer a huge list of questions, so here goes:
1. Where is your cell phone? Broken. This is a fate that regularly befalls any technology that spends time in my company.
2. Your hair? On my head, dufus, where else?
3. Your mother? Amazing, inspirational and appreciated.
4. Your father? Tough, but taught good lessons.
5. Your favourite food? Anything I didn’t have to cook!! Probably seafood, or Italian – hmm... pasta marinara maybe??
6. Your dream last night? Weird. I have very bizarre, very vivid dreams. I also (apparently) talk in my sleep, which hubby finds endlessly enlightening and amusing. This is because (apparently) I will respond to questions and am bluntly truthful and without artifice when sleep-talking!
7. Your favourite drink? I’d love to say something cool, alcoholic and trendy, but it’s really a good cup of tea.
8. Your dream/goal? To be a published writer, and to teach primary school. And to raise happy, healthy children. And have an awesome marriage. And possibly be a rock star.
9. What room are you in? Lounge room.
10. Your hobby? Blogging!! Duh!!!! Recently discovered gardening. Would love to get back into horse-riding, but too expensive and all-consuming. I have an addictive personality.
11. Your fear? Many, but the only thing I’m truly terrified of is something harming my family, especially my child.
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Happy.
13. Where were you last night? At home, doped up on Sudafed and chocolate.
14. Something you aren’t? Famous. Yet.
15. Muffins? Apple and raspberry.
16. Wish list item? Hmm... there’s nothing I really need in my life. Oh! A new vacuum, a Dyson preferably! Oh my God, how mundane and Suzie Homemaker my life is... or possibly it’s full of everything I need already, yeah, that’s better - I’m going with that!
17. Where did you grow up? Gold Coast Hinterland, roaming the hills on horseback, playing in the creek with my friends, going to the beach as I got older. Pretty fricken perfect actually!
18. Last thing you did? Cleaned up the playroom.
19. What are you wearing? What are you, some kind of perv??!!
20. Your TV? On, playing NCIS on DVD. I tend to turn the TV on for company, to fill up a room, not to actually watch it. Though I do love me some NCIS...
21. Your pets? Asleep at my feet. Actually, asleep ON my feet. Warm. Nice.
22. Your friends? Diverse and beloved.
23. Your life? Not nearly as boring and mumsy-ish as this list makes it sound!!
24. Your mood? Recovering from a head cold, but happy.
25. Missing someone? My grandparents. Also my best friend, but it’s only distance that separates us, not the hereafter!
26. Vehicle? A black Mazda 6, usually driven too fast.
27. Something you’re not wearing? Shoes.
28. Your favourite store? A few years ago, I would’ve named some fancy boutique, but these days, I do most of my shopping at Target. I am surprisingly impressed.
29. Your favourite colour? Blue.
30. When was the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago.
31. Last time you cried? A few days ago.
32. Your best friend? Awesome!
33. One place that I go to over and over? Umm, work?
34. One person who emails me regularly? Some charming bloke in Nigeria, he has this dandy set-up where I’m gunna be rich!!
35. Favourite place to eat? Well, you can bet it’s not in the car, madly doing the kindy drop before work!